Friday, April 9, 2010

Huge Antiques




While driving into Illinois, I noticed a large pink elephant up ahead on the side of the road. I immediately started digging through my bag for my camera. As usual, I was too slow. As we drove by, I noticed a UFO and a ice cream shaped building. Jeez, how could I miss that?

Luckily, Adolfo was equally interested, and although we were towing the trailer at the time, he took the next off-ramp and maneuvered through some tight side roads to return to the site.

Back at the site, we found an antiques store, but the best part was the surroundings.

2 comments:

  1. So, you were undercover liberals, huh? I don't blame you for being a little uneasy in that crowd. Maybe if you'd been packing guns, you would have felt safer???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink elephants and UFO's! That certainly demands a U-turn or sudden stop on the freeway. Never know what you're going to encounter in the land of Lake Wobegon.

    ReplyDelete