Monday, August 30, 2010

Redwood Forests



These are the forests of my childhood, where tall redwoods reach high into the heavens providing a canopy for the greenery below. Light filters through the trees in streaks and the fog gives the area a mysterious feel.

Rocks carpeted with moss make perfectly soft seats for resting, and old fallen logs lay on the ground decaying. Their wood takes on a spongy feel, and with time it becomes a rich soil for new life.

As I walk through these forests, I am taken back to my childhood. I find hiding places among the trees and think of what a great fort I could make.

Under the trees it is cool and refreshing. But I feel a distinct warmth. These trees comfort me. I feel as though I am with family. Nature embraces me, and I am at home.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't cut any of those trees for making your fort. The spotted owl people frown on that.

    ReplyDelete