Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Waking Up in a Snow Storm



We heard it would snow during the night, so the first thing I did when I woke up this morning was look out the window. Wow! Did it ever snow!! Everything was completely covered in a 3- to 4-inch quilt of white snow.

Adolfo went outside and within a few minutes, he was throwing snowballs at the window where I was sitting; he was begging for a snowball fight. I quickly put on my shoes and jacket and went outside to join the fun. We got into a full-blown snowball fight, and I was getting killed. He obviously has much better aim than I do.

Our neighbors in the KOA camp were from Washington. They were watching out their RV windows with big smiles on their faces. They must have enjoyed seeing a couple of 40-something adults acting like children. After our fight, which I stopped after getting whipped, Adolfo made a small snowman before going inside. I stayed outside to create a snow sculpture. I finished feet, legs, and the beginning of a torso for a person sitting on a log, but in the process I became very cold and tired, so I gave it up and joined Adolfo inside.

Every few minutes, I looked out the window at the beautiful snow. Both of us laughed whenever we heard snow falling from the top of the trailer or saw icicles hanging from normally boring objects such as the camp dumpster. It's interesting how snow can make the mundane look beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment